Workshop Leader – Pottery
Sheiling School Thornbury is seeking a creative, skilled and enthusiastic Pottery Workshop Leader to plan and deliver differentiated and inspiring Pottery Lessons and Activities to pupils with SEN aged 7 – 19. The successful candidate will match a therapeutic approach with skills, ambition and an eye for beauty, promoting the very best in pupils who may otherwise struggle to learn.
Set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol, on-site accommodation may be available if required at a very reasonable cost.
- 6.6 weeks paid holiday inc. Bank Holiday allowance
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts), Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7 online access to medical professionals via Perkbox Medical
Your role will be:
- To plan and deliver Pottery lessons and activities to pupils with SEN and possible challenging behaviour aged 7 – 19 years
- To work in accordance with the continuum of skills and approaches laid out in the Steiner Craft Curriculum
- To identify individual needs and provide teaching that both consolidates existing skills and presents stretch and challenge
- To be responsible for creating a therapeutic, safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment that enables pupils to succeed
We would be interested to hear from applicants with the following:
- Craft work/workshop experience in pottery
- Teaching experience
- Mainstream and/or Waldorf qualifications
- Experience of working with pupils with challenging behaviour is essential
The salary is £19,713 – £21,637 pro-rata, based on relevant experience and qualifications.
Part time hours negotiable, school operates Mon – Fri, 8:30am-4.30pm
6.6 weeks paid holiday which includes bank holidays
39.4 weeks worked
Share this vacancy
- Applications will be accepted until the post is filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the following policies prior to interview:
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860