Part-Time Training & Development Officer
We are seeking a Training & Development Officer to join us at Sheiling School, which is set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol.
- 6.6 weeks paid holiday inc. Bank Holiday allowance
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts) and Employee Assistance Programme
Your role will include:
- Ensuring that all regulatory requirements are met in relation to training as per the relevant regulatory and statutory documents.
- Identifying training and development needs within the School
- Supporting the Head of HR and the Head Teacher to design and expand training and development programmes based on the needs of the organisation and individual staff.
- Supporting the Head Teacher to provide a high standard of training based on Rudolf Steiner’s educational and therapeutic principles, as well as best current practices in Special Needs Education and Care for pupils placed at the school and our residential provision.
You will need to demonstrate a ‘can do’ and proactive attitude,
and be responsive to the changing needs and requirements of the School,
to develop a creative and inspiring approach to training and staff development.
Candidates must have excellent relationship building and communication skills,
and experience with training delivery and setting up software systems.
£13,737 – £ 16,790 per annum (actual salary) – dependant upon relevant experience and qualifications
25 hours per week – Term time only plus 7 INSET days
- Applications will be accepted until the post is filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the following policies prior to interview:
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860