Therapeutic Support Assistant- Speech and Language Therapy (Maternity Leave)
Sheiling School, Thornbury is looking for a committed and enthusiastic Therapeutic Support Assistant for Speech and Language Therapy to start as soon as possible.
Sheiling School in Thornbury, South Glos is a residential Steiner Special School for children with moderate to severe learning difficulties aged 6 to 19 and is part of Camphill Communities Thornbury. Our beautiful grounds on the edge of the town encompass several residential houses for children and adults, a school building, indoor and outdoor craft workshops and a swimming pool.
- 39.4 weeks worked, 12.6 weeks leave – Term time role with 7 additional specific staff prep days (6.6 weeks paid leave, 6 weeks unpaid leave across the year)
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts)
Duties of the role will include:
- To assist education and care staff in the implementation of Speech and Language therapy strategies, techniques and resources.
- To provide specific support and interventions to ensure education and care staff demonstrate best practice SaLT implementation.
- To assist with the sourcing of SaLT resources.
- To collate and record SaLT requests from education staff and communicate with the Speech and Language Therapists.
- To feed back to the Assistant Head of Education on issues arising around SaLT provision.
Qualifications /Experience required:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of supporting pupils with learning difficulties and challenging behaviour.
- An interest in therapeutic approaches, particularly Speech & Language Therapy.
Actual salary £17,694.19 – £18,793.07, based on relevant experience and qualifications.
Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Share this vacancy
- Applications will be accepted until the post is filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the Adult and Child Protection policies prior to interview
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860