Therapeutic Support Assistant (SaLT)
Sheiling School Thornbury has a new opening for a full time, enthusiastic and committed Therapeutic Support Assistant to start as soon as possible
Sheiling School in Thornbury, South Glos is a residential Steiner Special School for children with moderate to severe learning difficulties aged 6 to 19 and is part of Camphill Communities Thornbury. Our beautiful grounds on the edge of the town encompass several residential houses for children and adults, a school building, indoor and outdoor craft workshops and a swimming pool.
- 39.4 weeks worked (12.6 weeks leave – term time role plus 7 School Prep days)
- 12.6 weeks off per year including 6.6 weeks paid holiday (includes Bank holidays)
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts)
Summary of the role:
The Therapeutic Support Assistant Speech and Language Therapy (TSA-SaLT) is a key figure in the implementation of Therapeutic interventions in the school and residential setting.
The Therapeutic Support Assistant (SaLT) will ensure that the advice and guidance from the Speech and Language Therapist is implemented and actively promotes inclusive learning.
Through a collaborative working relationship the Therapeutic Support Assistant (SaLT) will deliver interventions, support and training on behalf of the Speech and Language Therapy Lead to any staff that work with the pupils directly, or indirectly as required.
The TSA-SaLT is the key contact in the school to support all SaLT needs and provision using the guidance of a qualified Speech and Language Therapist and to ensure that the methods and programmes designed by the Speech and Language Therapist are being used correctly and consistently.
Qualifications /Experience required:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of supporting pupils with learning difficulties and challenging behaviour.
- An interest in therapeutic approaches, particularly Speech & Language Therapy.The role involves supporting the onsite Speech and Language Therapist to implement their guidance and strategies across the school.
Salary £19,580.13 – £20,809.71 per annum, based on relevant experience and qualifications
Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week
Share this vacancy
- Applications will be accepted until the post is filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the Adult and Child Protection policies prior to interview
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860