Sheiling School Thornbury is seeking full time enthusiastic and committed Support Workers following the admission of a new residential pupil.
Set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol, affordable on-site accommodation may be available if required. Temporary accommodation may be available to candidates relocating.
- 6.6 weeks paid holiday which includes bank holidays
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts)
You will ensure that all of our children and young people are safe and receive a high standard of care. We nurture a homely environment and encourage our children to engage in our local community as well as developing life skills and leading a healthy lifestyle.
You will work as part of a supportive team, providing person-centered care. This may include: helping young people with their day-to-day routines including personal care, developing their communication skills and positive behaviour.
You will support a variety of leisure activities and independent living skills. We provide comprehensive induction and ongoing training.
- Qualification at NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) or above preferred
- You will be able to form appropriate relationships and personal boundaries.
- Due to the demanding nature of the role, you will be resilient to challenging behaviours.
- You will have a positive attitude towards authority and self-reflection.
- This role is physically and emotionally demanding requiring strength and resilience.
- You will be happy to support others with their cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
- You must promote the welfare and safeguarding of children and young adults in our care.
Salary £20,496.99 – £21,392.14 per annum
42.5 hours a week (including breaks), shift rotation, no nights
Share this vacancy
- Applications will be accepted until all posts are filled
- Start date: ASAP
The Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the Adult and Child Protection policies prior to interview
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860