Speech and Language Therapist
Sheiling School Thornbury has a new opening for a full time, enthusiastic and committed Speech and Language Therapist to start as soon as possible.
Sheiling School in Thornbury, South Glos is a residential Steiner Special School for children with moderate to severe learning difficulties aged 6 to 19 and is part of Camphill Communities Thornbury. Our beautiful grounds on the edge of the town encompass several residential houses for children and adults, a school building, indoor and outdoor craft workshops and a swimming pool.
- 39.4 weeks worked, 12.6 weeks leave – Term time role with 7 additional specific staff prep days
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts)
Duties of the role will include:
- To provide Speech and Language therapy for pupils attending Sheiling School through specialist, targeted and universal approaches as appropriate.
- Provide assessment for current and prospective pupils as needed.
- Provide advice and training to professional staff and others as required.
- To provide written documentation as needed at a professional standard.
Qualifications /Experience required:
- Candidate will have an HCPC approved degree in speech and language therapy and a minimum of 2 years’ experience supporting pupils with learning difficulties and challenging behaviour.
- 2 years minimum experience in Speech and Language Therapy.
Salary £28,000 to £32,000, based on relevant experience and qualifications.
Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Share this vacancy
- Applications will be accepted until the post is filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the Adult and Child Protection policies prior to interview
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860