Senior Learning Support Assistant
Sheiling School Thornbury has an opening for a full time, enthusiastic and committed Senior Learning Support Assistant (SLSA) due to the growth and development of the school.
If you want to join our excellent team and have a passion for supporting children with special needs and if you can be creative and inventive in helping children to learn and reach their full potential, we would like to hear from you.
Set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol, on-site accommodation may be available if required.
- 39.4 weeks worked, 6.6 weeks paid holiday inc. Bank Holiday allowance
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts), Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7 online access to medical professionals via Perkbox Medical
- The main focus of this role is to facilitate learning across the broad curriculum and to facilitate the building of positive and appropriate relationships with peers. This may mean dealing with challenging behaviour.
- To assist the class teacher in delivering pupils’ education. This includes contributing to planning and preparation of differentiated resources and individual instruction.
- Support the class by working with individual pupils or small groups, with primary responsibility for an allocated pupil.
- You will have a keen interest and skills in supporting pupils’ learning across our broad curriculum; in the classroom, in craft workshops (green woodwork, pottery and handwork), in the swimming pool, outdoors in our school grounds and within our local community.
- You will have a good level of fitness and have a resilience to face challenges and challenging behaviour (experience preferred).
- Experience of working with pupils with SEN and challenging behaviour essential
- NVQ or equivalent relevant qualification essential
£17,877 – £19,392 per annum – dependant upon relevant experience and qualifications
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am-4.30pm
Share this vacancy
- Closing Date: Applications will be accepted until the post is filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the following policies prior to interview:
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860