We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and committed Cook to join us at Sheiling School, to prepare nutritious and homemade meals to children with learning difficulties and the staff supporting them.
Set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol, on-site accommodation may be available if required.
- 38 weeks worked 6.6 weeks paid holiday which includes bank holidays
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package
- To cook and serve food that meet the specifications as defined by the School, including meeting the meal requirements of the staff and young people with special diets.
- To enhance the therapeutic approach of the School through providing food that takes account of the ethos of the School with the support of the Head of Resource.
- To source ingredients that are either organic or produced locally and be the lead person in working towards schemes.
- To line manage and supervise the Kitchen Assistant
- Experience in a related field
- Experience managing staff
- Excellent time management and organisation
The salary is £13,724.55 per annum.
30 hours per week working 08:00 -14:30, Monday to Friday, term time only
- Applications will be accepted until the post is filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the Child and Adult Protection policies prior to interview:
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860