We are recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to join us at Sheiling School.
Set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol, on-site accommodation may be available if required.
- 6.6 weeks paid holiday which includes Bank Holidays
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts), Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7 online access to medical professionals via Perkbox Medical
- The position includes a variety of tasks from painting and decorating, general repairs, pool maintenance and cleaning and data collection plus other tasks.
- The role will also include the use of power tools and testing equipment.
- Training will be given in all aspects of health and safety, compliance and COSHH throughout a large campus.
- A self-starter who is competent to work independently and as part of a team with a ‘can do’ attitude and a positive outlook.
- Candidates should have a good level of experience in aspects of maintenance.
- Experience in a relevant trade would be a distinct advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A full clean driving licence would be advantageous.
£16,171 – £17,904 per annum – dependant upon relevant experience and qualifications
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday includes a half an hour unpaid lunch.
- Applications will be accepted until the post is filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the following policies prior to interview:
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860