Learning Support Assistant
We are recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant to join our dedicated team at Sheiling School. You will be working with children and young people with complex learning difficulties including autism.
Set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol, on-site accommodation may be available if required at a very reasonable cost.
- 39.4 weeks worked, 6.6 weeks paid holiday inc. Bank Holiday allowance
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts), Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7 online access to medical professionals via Perkbox Medical
- The main focus of this role is to facilitate learning across the broad curriculum and to facilitate the building of positive and appropriate relationships with peers. This may mean dealing with challenging behaviour.
- To assist the class teacher in delivering pupils’ education. This includes contributing to planning and preparation of differentiated resources and individual instruction.
- Support the class by working with individual pupils or small groups, with primary responsibility for an allocated pupil.
- You will have a keen interest and skills in supporting pupils’ learning across our broad curriculum; in the classroom, in craft workshops (green woodwork, pottery and handwork), in the swimming pool, outdoors in our school grounds and within our local community.
- You will have a good level of fitness and have a resilience to face challenges and challenging behaviour (experience preferred).
- Experience with learning disabled children or young adults would be a distinct advantage.
- Level 2 English and Maths Qualifications (C or above).
£16,321.60 to £17,851.75 per annum – dependant upon relevant experience and qualifications
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Share this vacancy
- Applications will be accepted until the post is filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the Adult and Child Protection policies prior to interview
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860