We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and committed Kitchen Assistant to join us at Sheiling School.
Set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol, on-site accommodation may be available if required.
- 6.6 weeks paid holiday which includes bank holidays
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts), Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7 online access to medical professionals via Perkbox Medical
- To assist the Head cook where necessary, with:
- The preparation, cooking and serving of food for students, staff and visitors.
- Transporting of food items and equipment, complying with food hygiene practices.
- Post and pre meal cleaning and preparation.
- Specific preparation for functions relating to the academic year, Themed days, Parents days, etc.
- Previous experience working in a kitchen would be desirable.
- Experience of working in a Children’s Home or school environment would be desirable.
- Experience of working with SEN children or young persons and/or children or young persons with challenging behaviour would be desirable.
The salary will be £8.21 – £8.57 per hour – dependent on relevant experience and qualifications
20 hours per week, Monday to Friday 10:00 -14:00, term time only
- Applications will be accepted until the post is filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the following policies prior to interview:
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860