We are recruiting for a HR Officer to join us at Sheiling School, to support the Head of HR in managing all human resources related aspects, administration, training and employee relations within the School, which is set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol.
- 6.6 weeks paid holiday inc. Bank Holiday allowance
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts), Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7 online access to medical professionals via Perkbox Medical
Your role will be to support the Head of HR, including:
- Supervision and support of the HR team
- Overseeing the Recruitment procedure
- Developing, implementing and maintaining HR policies
- Providing managers with HR guidance
- Managing investigations, disciplinaries and capabilities
- Coordination of Training
- Data Protection compliance
You will have a strong HR background and be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of HR best practice.
You will have a recognised HR qualification or have substantial experience working at a similar level, with a thorough knowledge of employment law, recruitment and HR policies & procedures.
Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, you will have excellent ICT skills, numeracy, and the ability to manage and prioritise a varied work load.
£18,000 – £20,000 per annum (FTE £22,500 – £25,000) – dependant upon relevant experience and qualifications
30 hours per week, over 4 or 5 days Monday to Friday (actual hours by mutual agreement)
- Applications will be accepted until all posts are filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the following policies prior to interview:
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860