Head of HR and Business Services
Following a review of the senior leadership team structure, Sheiling School is pleased to recruit for this new position.
Sheiling School is set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol. Affordable, on-site accommodation may be available if required. Temporary accommodation is available to candidates relocating.
- 6.6 weeks paid holiday, which includes bank holiday allowance
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts)
As the Head of HR and Business Services for Sheiling School (the School) and a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT):
- Be an active member of the SLT and contribute to the strategic development of the School
- Be responsible for the strategic direction of the Human Resources, Finance, and Administrative functions of the School
- Be responsible for delivering value for money, monitoring budgets and giving advice on future income and expenditure
- Support and develop the School’s ethos and culture
Candidates must have excellent leadership skills, be educated to degree level or equivalent and must have a higher qualification in personnel, CIPD level 5 minimum or equivalent with high level ICT skills (essential), with significant, practical and recent experience of HR management. The ideal candidate will also have experience of charity accounting (desirable).
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual wishing to progress their career. The post of Head of HR and Business Services is crucial to our success in providing the best possible education and care to our pupils. Working closely with the CEO, this post will offer you the chance to become an important part of the Senior Leadership Team and make a real difference to the lives of the children in our care.
Candidates are encouraged to contact the CEO for further information. Please contact Claire Nolan email@example.com to arrange a telephone conversation.
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Applications will be accepted until the post is filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the Child and Adult Protection policies prior to interview.
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860