Head of Care (Registered Manager)
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and committed Head of Care to join us at Sheiling School.
Set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol, on-site accommodation may be available if required.
- 7 weeks paid holiday, which includes bank holiday allowance
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts), Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7 online access to medical professionals via Perkbox Medical
- As Head of Care (Registered Manager) and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead for Care, you will be supported by an experienced care management team with a full complement of care staff.
- Your main challenge will be to work closely with the staff in the homes, to ensure that all the social, educational and health needs of our young people are met, whilst being a role model of leadership, direction and supervision to the whole team.
- Flexible, motivated and with the confidence to make decisions, your focus will be to make sure that every young person in our care has the chance to reach their full potential.
You will have a relevant qualification and excellent management experience in a Children’s Home. We are dedicated to staff development and providing excellent training – the post will offer you a chance to become an important part of the Senior Leadership Team and make a real difference to the lives of our young people.
Candidates are encouraged to contact the CEO for further information. Please contact Claire Nolan email@example.com to arrange a telephone conversation.
40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Read more about our Children’s Home in our Home Life section
- Applications will be accepted until the post is filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the following policies prior to interview:
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860