Class Teacher (Temporary Maternity Cover)
We are recruiting for a Class teacher/Leader to join us at Sheiling School, to plan and deliver an appropriate curriculum. To work with students with complex learning difficulties including autism.
Set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol, on-site accommodation may be available if required at a very reasonable cost.
- 39.4 weeks worked, 12.6 weeks paid holiday inc. Bank Holiday allowance
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Pension scheme
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts) and Employee Assistance Programme
- Team Teach Training
Your role will be:
- To plan and deliver an appropriate curriculum including functional skills, life skills, craft and enterprise.
- To identify individual needs, to provide effective teaching and be responsible for creating a therapeutic, safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment that enables pupils to succeed in their learning.
- To identify and meet the individual needs of students with demand avoidance and challenging Behaviour.
- You will have a Degree and be enrolled on a relevant teaching qualification.
- Experience in delivering functional and life skills to students with additional needs.
- Openness to the Educational principles articulated by Rudolf Steiner and Karl Konig.
- Experience in crafts, horticulture or green woodwork.
- Experience in Team management.
- Experience of working with SEN pupils and/or pupils with challenging behaviour.
- You are committed to ensuring pupils achieve their full educational potential.
- You have high expectations for all pupils and will not let disability, disadvantage or challenging behaviour distract you from these high expectations.
- Ideally 2 years of teaching experience with a Curative Education Diploma or other Steiner-based qualification
£21,600 – £35,400 per annum – dependant upon relevant experience and qualifications
37.5 hours per week, working 08:30 to 16:30 Monday to Friday
Share this vacancy
- Applications will be accepted until the post is filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the Adult and Child Protection policies prior to interview
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860