We are recruiting for a Class teacher/Leader to join us at Sheiling School, to plan and deliver an appropriate curriculum. To work with students with complex learning difficulties including autism.
Set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol, on-site accommodation may be available if required.
- 39.4 weeks worked, 11 weeks paid holiday inc. Bank Holiday allowance
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts), Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7 online access to medical professionals via Perkbox Medical
Your role will be:
- To plan and deliver an appropriate Curriculum to all pupils in the class.
- To identify individual needs, to provide effective teaching and be responsible for creating a therapeutic, safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment that enables pupils to succeed in their learning.
- To identify individual needs of pupils with demand avoidance and challenging behaviour who struggle to take part in conventional classroom learning with their peer group.
- To develop and maintain a suitable programme with flexibility and creativity in delivering teaching.
- You will have a Degree and enrolled on the relevant teaching qualification.
- Experience of working with SEN pupils and/or pupils with challenging behaviour.
- You are committed to ensuring pupils achieve their full educational potential.
- You have high expectations for all pupils and will not let disability, disadvantage or challenging behaviour distract you from these high expectations.
£21,600 – £34,900 per annum – dependant upon relevant experience and qualifications
37.5 hours per week, working 08:30 to 16:30 Monday to Friday
Share this vacancy
- Applications will be accepted until the post is filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the following policies prior to interview:
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860