Assistant Teacher / Learning Mentor
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and committed Assistant Teacher/Leaning Mentor to join us at Sheiling School.
The Sheiling School in Thornbury, South Glos is a residential Camphill (Rudolf Steiner) School for children with learning difficulties aged 6 to 19 and is part of Thornleigh Camphill Communities. Our beautiful grounds on the edge of the town encompass several residential houses for children and adults, a school building, indoor and outdoor craft workshops and a swimming pool. Adjacent is our farm, which provides organic produce for the community.
Set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol, on-site accommodation may be available if required. We are located 30 min from Bristol and Gloucester.
- 41 weeks worked, 11 weeks paid holiday inc. Bank Holiday allowance
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts), Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7 online access to medical professionals via Perkbox Medical
- To be involved in supporting the delivery of all aspects of the school’s curriculum, in line with the school’s policies.
- You will be in a wide range of settings, including in the classroom, the outdoor curriculum, and possibly craft sessions, sports, swimming and outdoor break times.
- Ensure pupils achieve their full educational potential and demonstrate positive values, attitudes and behaviour you expect from the pupils.
- Educated to Degree level in a relevant subject and/or education.
- Experience within a special SEN school/unit experience for a minimum of 2 years.
- Waldorf qualification and/or experience or willingness to learn and incorporate in practice.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Experience of working with SEN pupils and pupils with challenging behaviour essential.
£19,586 – £20,876 per annum – dependant upon relevant experience and qualifications
40 hours per week, 08.30-17:00 Monday to Friday
- Applications will be accepted until the post is filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the following policies prior to interview:
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860