Assistant Head Teacher (Safeguarding)
We are seeking an outstanding teacher and manager to join the Education Leadership Team, to ensure we deliver outstanding outcomes for our pupils. The ideal applicant will have a proven track record in teaching and would be able to ensure that data and quality assurance information supports the school’s intention to be an outstanding Steiner based SEN school.
Working with the Head Teacher and a developing leadership team, the successful candidate will have an understanding of inspection frameworks and be able to ensure that the school demonstrates best practice within all the areas of inspection with particular focus on Safeguarding.
We are committed to delivering innovative child – centred learning and would value an Assistant Head Teacher who is able to identify our strengths and areas for development, taking ownership on moving forward collaboratively.
Set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol, on-site accommodation may be available if required.
- 9 weeks paid holiday inc. Bank Holiday allowance
- Mon-Friday,40 hours pw
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts), Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7 online access to medical professionals via Perkbox Medical
In Summary, your role will be:
- As a member of the Education Leadership Team you will assist the Head Teacher in the evaluation of education in the School. Along with the Head Teacher, you will coordinate the implementation of the School Quality Improvement Plan – Education & Safeguarding and the relevant recording of evidence to support improvements.
- As a Camphill Steiner Special School for children with complex and multiple needs, working with the therapeutic educational insights of Rudolf Steiner, you will uphold the vision, values and goals of the School. You will ensure that the School’s ethos is clearly articulated and built into the culture and practices, and will give professional support and guidance to individual staff and to groups, alongside promoting the spiritual, social and cultural life of the School.
The successful candidate will need:
- Diploma or Degree level qualification in Education/Teaching
- Minimum 3 Years of teaching experience
- Previous experience of working in an SEN School
- Excellent ICT and communication skills
- Knowledge or previous experience of Educational principles of Rudolf Steiner
Desirable qualities include:
- Experience in a senior role in an education setting
- Curative/Steiner based education diploma
£34,835- £36,500 per annum – dependant upon relevant experience and qualifications
40 hours per week, working 08:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday
- Applications will be accepted until the post is filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the following policies prior to interview:
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860