Assistant Head Teacher (Safeguarding)
We are seeking an experienced, dynamic and highly motivated individual to join our Education Leadership Team. At Sheiling School we maintain the highest possible aspirations for our learners, which means holding equal expectations of staff performance. The successful candidate will be able to inspire staff and pupils alike, will have excellent organisational and problem-solving abilities, a proven track record in teaching children and young people with SEN, and significant experience of Safeguarding in a school environment.
They must also have an openness to Rudolf Steiner’s educational and therapeutic approach, upon which the school’s ethos is founded.
Sheiling School is undergoing an exciting period of development – the successful candidate will take a lead in ensuring we achieve outstanding outcomes in all areas: social, personal and academic.
Set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol, on-site accommodation may be available if required at a very reasonable cost.
- 12.6 weeks paid holiday (fixed dates) inc. Bank Holiday allowance
- 39.4 weeks worked, Monday-Friday, 37.5 hours per week
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts), Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7 online access to medical professionals via Perkbox Medical
In Summary, your role will be:
- As a member of the Education Leadership Team you will assist the Head Teacher in the evaluation of education in the School. Along with the Head Teacher, you will coordinate the implementation of the School Quality Improvement Plan – Education & Safeguarding and the relevant recording of evidence to support improvements.
- As a Camphill Steiner Special School for children with complex and multiple needs, working with the therapeutic educational insights of Rudolf Steiner, you will uphold the vision, values and goals of the School. You will ensure that the School’s ethos is clearly articulated and built into the culture and practices, and will give professional support and guidance to individual staff and to groups, alongside promoting the spiritual, social and cultural life of the School.
The successful candidate will need:
- Diploma or Degree level qualification in Education/Teaching
- Minimum 3 Years of teaching experience
- Previous experience of working in an SEN School
- Excellent ICT and communication skills
- Knowledge or previous experience of Educational principles of Rudolf Steiner
- Experience in a senior role in an education setting
Desirable qualities include:
- Curative/Steiner based education diploma
Actual salary £31,200- £44,200 per annum – dependant upon relevant experience and qualifications, based on our own grading structure
- Applications will be accepted until the post is filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the Adult and Child Protection policies prior to interview
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860