6th Form Class Teacher
We are recruiting for a 6th Form Class teacher/Leader to join us at Sheiling School, to plan and deliver an appropriate curriculum. To work with students with complex learning difficulties including autism.
Set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol, on-site accommodation may be available if required.
- 39.4 weeks worked including 7 prep days, 11 weeks paid holiday inc. Bank Holiday allowance
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts), Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7 online access to medical professionals via Perkbox Medical
Your role will be:
- To plan and deliver an appropriate curriculum including functional skills, life skills, craft and enterprise.
- To identify individual needs, to provide effective teaching and be responsible for creating a therapeutic, safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment that enables pupils to succeed in their learning.
- To identify and meet the individual needs of students with demand avoidance and challenging Behaviour.
- To manage the Support workers.
- You will have a Degree and enrolled on the relevant teaching qualification.
- Experience in delivering functional and life skills to students with additional needs.
- Experience in horticulture, green woodwork or related crafts.
- Experience in Team management.
- Experience of working with SEN pupils and/or pupils with challenging behaviour.
- You are committed to ensuring pupils achieve their full educational potential.
- You have high expectations for all pupils and will not let disability, disadvantage or challenging behaviour distract you from these high expectations.
The salary is £21,600 – £35,400 per annum, dependent on relevant experience and qualifications
37.5 hours a week working 8:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday.
Share this vacancy
- Applications will be accepted until the post is filled
- Start date: ASAP
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the following policies prior to interview:
Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS.
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860