Join us and make a difference.
Sheiling School is currently seeking committed and motivated individuals to become part of our dynamic team.
Please check the positions currently available below.
- Affordable onsite accommodation may be available if required – short or long term
- Comprehensive training provided
- Exciting career development opportunities
- Unique and beautiful location
Sheiling School is committed to equality of opportunity and will consider applications from all members of the community, whatever their background.
The Sheiling School follows the Steiner Waldorf Curriculum, which has been carefully designed to provide a holistic education. The Steiner Waldorf Curriculum includes all areas of the National Curriculum, but all academic topics are taught in 3 – 5 week blocks during our Main Lesson, which is delivered between 9.10 and 10.30 a.m. each day. The Steiner Waldorf Curriculum strongly supports educational achievement while also providing therapeutic elements and encouraging pupils to develop independence skills.
Some of our young people are very active but at the same time are vulnerable if left on their own. Some young people can behave in a way that is challenging to others and part of our role is to teach young people safer and more effective ways of communicating their needs. However, a level of challenge still exists; this can be physical or a reluctance to engage. For these reasons this role requires someone who is physically fit. We will, where possible, look to make reasonable adjustments to comply with the Equality Act 2010.
- Enrolment in a Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People (upon successful completion of a 6 month probationary period)
- A thorough induction and training package that will equip you with the skills needed to deliver an excellent level of care for all of our children and young people
- Competitive salary-dependant on qualifications and experience
- 40 hrs per week-52 weeks per year
- 7 weeks paid holiday (this includes an allowance for Bank Holidays)
- Candidates are encouraged to contact the CEO for further information. Please contact Claire Nolan email@example.com to arrange a telephone conversation
- Onsite affordable accommodation may be available if required. Temporary accommodation is available to candidates re-locating
- JOB DESCRIPTION
- APPLICATION FORM
Administration & Finance
The school welcomes volunteer and gap year workers who are seeking an experience of living and working with young people with special educational needs. Find out more →
Thornleigh Camphill Communities (TCC) is seeking to strengthen and diversify its Board with the appointment of new governors and trustees. Find out more →
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please read the following policies prior to interview:
Bristol BS35 1HP
01454 412 194
01454 411 860